Saturday, June 26, 2010

We all scream for ice cream!

Mark Twain said,"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."  It's true, summer in San Francisco is foggy, windy and cold, hitting the low 50's many days!  I grew up in Boston where summer is so hot and humid that the minute you step out of a refreshingly cold shower you are already dripping with sweat.  Moving to San Francisco makes me miss those days of east cost summers that envelope you, for better or for worse, in a blanket of steaming heat.  I just returned to Boston this week, where I have been hit with the blazing hot sun reflecting off the pavement and the abruptly beautiful thunderstorms.  I love it!  Today I ordered a mango smoothie for lunch, which I realize I never do in San Francisco because it is never hot enough (for me at least) to want a large cup of icy cold fruit puree.  And ice cream is so much more delicious when you don't have to put on a scarf and wool socks to enjoy it!  Lucky for people like me, who are on restricted diets, we can also enjoy wheat/sugar/dairy free ice cream nowadays!  So Delicious now has a line of "Ice cream Minis" vegan novelty items like ice cream sandwiches and ice cream popsicle bars!  Some flavors do contain beet sugar and wheat, so make sure you read the ingredient labels!  But none the less, today when I got home with my shirt soaked with sweat, I grabbed one of the chocolate almond bars and enjoyed every cold, delicious bite!

2 comments:

  1. These are So Delicious, not Coconut Bliss minis. And they are just that—SO delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are right! Thanks for the correction! Coconut Bliss does have some chocolate bars, too. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete