Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birthday Brunch


I think sometimes you have to celebrate your birthday in more than one day.  This year, my birthday week was filled with dancing, traveling to Portland (stay tuned for my gluten/sugar/dairy free guide to Portland), and lot's of loving friends and family.  The week started out with with a surprise brunch that my roommates made for me!  The night before, my friends Kit and Hilary brought over Mariposa baguettes for me, so in the morning my roommates cooked some french toast with it.  They soaked it in eggs, rice milk, spices, a little maple syrup and topped it with a pan fried banana and walnut mash.  I hadn't had french toast in over six years.... it was decadent and delicious!  I also was showered with many beautiful bouquets of flowers, and one bunch of green kale.  Two of the bouquets of flowers I bought for myself.  And as I was looking at all the vases of flowers: the jewel toned poppies, the wild lilacs, the orangey tulips, and the flowers fresh from my friend's garden, I realized that it was not only the birthday love from my friends and family, but it was also the love I was giving myself that made my birthday so happy.   



           




   

No comments:

Post a Comment