Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies


I am so grateful that of all the things I am allergic to, peanuts did not make the list.  Peanut butter cookies just speak of childhood to me; and who knows why they have to be stamped with a criss-cross of fork indents, but they just do.  I remember eating them as a kid with a big glass of Eden soymilk (even in 1988 I was drinking soy milk!)  I have been craving peanut butter cookies lately, so I finally baked up a gluten/sugar/dairy free batch.  These cookies turned out so soft and chewy and of course, peanutbuttery!  Hopefully these delicious cookies will bring you back!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup gluten free flour (I used garbanzo and brown rice flour)
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
  • 3/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • 2 cups of organic peanut butter
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 2 large eggs

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
  3. Add the peanutbutter, and honey and mix well. 
  4. Beat the eggs gently and mix completley into the batter.
  5. Roll dough into small circles and press gently onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
  6. Using a fork, gently stamp into the top of each cookie, two times in opposite directions to create the tic/tac/toe board effect!
  7. Bake in the oven for 12 or so minutes until golden, but still a little soft.  
  8. Let cool and enjoy with a glass of cold rice or soy milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment