Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Kale Salad


Oh my goodness, this salad is amazing, mouth-watering, jaw-dropping, delicious!  My roommate massaged and marinated the kale making it so tender and flavorful (way better then when I steam it!)  Then we added some delicious winter fruits like apples and pomegranate, and then sprinkled pumpkin seeds and walnuts on top.  It was the best kale dish I ever had, and I've had a lot of kale in my day!  I think this salad would also be good with pear slices, persimmon slices, or roasted sweet potatoes.  So have fun and mix it up!

Ingredients:
  • 2 bunches of green kale
  • 2-3 tbs of olive oil
  • 1 large lemon
  • 1-2 tbs of tamari
  • 1-2 crisp apples
  • 1 pomegranate
  • 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
  • 1/4 cup of walnuts, toasted
Directions:
  1. Wash, de-stem, and chop up the kale.
  2. In a large bowl, massage the olive oil and lemon juice into the kale until it turns bright green and softens.  Let marinate for an hour.
  3. When ready, dress the kale with the tamari.
  4. Chop up the apple and toss into the salad.
  5. Pick out as many pomegranate seeds from the fruit as you have patience for (I did half the pomegranate.)
  6. Add the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts on top.
  7. Toss and enjoy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment