Monday, January 17, 2011

A few of my favorite things...

I love how so many new gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free products keep popping up at the grocery store.  Here are just a few of my current favorite products (also check out my shopping list page):



I am obsessed with Udi's granola!  Udi's has several gluten free products.  The breads, bagels and desserts all have sugar in them, but their granola is sweetened just with honey.  And the ingredients are simple: gluten free oats, honey, vanilla and almonds.  I am addicted to this delicious granola!




Imagine soups is a brand I have loved even before changing my diet.  Their butternut squash is amazingly creamy and sweet-but dairy free.  I love to throw in fresh spinach leaves and walnuts to my soup.  Most of their soups are vegan and gluten free.  Also their chicken and vegetable broths have no sugar or gluten or dairy in them, which is actually hard to find.  Imagine that.  






Food for Life is one of my absolute favorite gluten free brands.  I swear by their rice flour tortillas, and when I am in the mood for bread, I enjoy their brown rice bread a lot.  They sweeten their breads with fruit juice and are dairy and egg free.  It is best to toast the bread slices so they are soft and fresh.  







It is very hard to find deli meats that have no sugar or gluten in them.  But Applegate Farms Turkey is not only gluten and sugar free, but also nitrate and hormone free and made from ethically raised turkeys.  I layer the turkey on top of slices of Food for Life bread with mayo and lettuce and avocado...yum!



It is also very hard to find tomato sauces that have no sugar or dairy (or sometimes gluten) in them.  I always buy Muir Glen's plain tomato sauce in a can.  It is free of sugar and made from simply good ingredients.  I love to eat it over Tinkyada rice pasta!





Amy's has a new line of rice flour crust pizzas, and even non-dairy ones.  There is a delicious spinach and soy cheese pizza and if you don't like soy (or imitation cheeses) they also have a rice crust pizza with just sauce and veggies on top. (FYI: Both of these pizzas have a little bit of evaporated cane juice- so if you don't eat sugar ever, then this product is not for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment