Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gluten Free Bread Delivery


In the same week, two good friends of mine sent me an email about a lady in San Francisco who bakes gluten free goodies.  Her name is Sadie and her company Bread SRSLY is awesome.  You just go online, choose from this week's selections and order your loaves via email and she'll deliver them right to your door.  How perfect for me I thought, so I finally ordered a delicious loaf of her sourdough.  It was delivered by her business partner via bike to my work, wrapped in a brown paper bag with my name on it.  The bread had a great sour taste sprinkled with a few caraway seeds.  The inside was pretty moist, which is what I usually come across when baking gluten free breads.  But when I toasted a slice, it was perfect, and the crust was nice and crunchy!  I whipped together an open face sandwich with melted almond cheese, sauted kale, and slices of apples on one half and avacodo on the other.  It was a lovely meal.  The bread is also good with a fried egg on top, or with a little Earth Balance and pure fruit jam.  I will have to order another loaf this week!  As I began typing this blog post I accidently typed gluten free "bed" delivery; now that is the only thing that would make this better: gluten free bread delivered to you in bed!  Here's dreaming...



No comments:

Post a Comment