Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sweetness in Seattle

Last week I was in Seattle for the first time and was lucky to be there on a clear and sunny weekend.  From the top of the Space Needle you could see the Cascadian mountain range frame this beautiful city.  I found Seattle to be the perfect balance of east coast and west coast: pretty old brick buildings and hills of pine trees like New England, but full of relaxed and friendly locals giving off west coast vibes.  Besides Pike's Place, Capitol Hill, and the other tourist hot spots, one of the most important items on my itinerary was to visit Flying Apron Bakery- a gluten free/vegan bakery in the Fremont neighborhood.  I had stumbled upon their cookbook a few years ago and was impressed with their bread and pie recipes.  So on Friday morning, my brother and I ventured to this cute little bakery on Fremont. I bought a carrot muffin which I enjoyed with a delicious cup of coffee.  My brother ordered the lentil soup which came with a slice of their garlic herb bread.  We also split a slice of their veggie flatbread.  Everything was moist and flavorful! They also had plenty of cookies and brownies, which unfortunately had sugar in them, so I just stuck with the breads and muffins.  Before we left, I bought a maple pecan muffin and banana nut muffin for later.  Next time I come back to Seattle, I definitely will visit this sweet spot!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment