Monday, September 3, 2012

Feasting with Friends


Last week my friends and I came together in the name of our three favorite things: food, fashion, and friendship.  We had not seen each other all summer and decided to reunite by watching "Project Runway," and feasting on delicious vegetarian tacos!  My friend Anita went all out, buying fresh corn tortillas and the best organic veggies in town.  She made an incredible slaw with cabbage, red peppers, avocados and tomatoes with an amazing dressing full of shallots, lime, and cilantro.  My friend Ravi refried the black beans for us with some garlic and pickled peppers.  I made a simple salad of mixed greens from the farmer's market, cherry tomatoes, fresh corn, avocados, and lime dressing.  We threw the ingredients together onto the warm tortillas and noshed as we shouted out our favorite designs (Fabio's) and least favorites (Ven's) on the runway.  I couldn't have felt more nourished at the end of the night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment