Sunday, October 28, 2012

LA Story



Sometimes life surprises you.  I was recently in LA for a wedding of a dear old friend.  When I travel I worry about a lot of details, but most importantly where I am going to eat.  Luckily I was staying in Santa Monica, which has a variety of healthy restaurants.  However, the person I was traveling with was the bride's friend from graduate school whom I didn't know.  I prepared myself for having to give into eating at a "traditional" restaurant to appease this person who most likely would be grossed out by my gluten free suggestions.  But to my great surprise, she requested that we find a vegan/raw/gluten free restaurant to have lunch at.  I was so excited, as I had already Googled ten gluten free vegan restaurants near our hotel!  We ended up going to a place called Euphoria Loves Raw Revolution.  It reminded me a lot of San Francisco's Cafe Gratitude, with a super hippie vibe and amazing raw food.  I ordered a vegetable nori roll and she had the Indonesian coconut noodles, which were both delicious.  We also each ordered a smoothie to go, plus some "almond joy"- like treats for later!  As we walked down the sunny streets of LA, gabbing on about our favorite kale and tofu recipes, I let go of my worries and thanked the universe for offering up this perfect traveling companion.  




No comments:

Post a Comment