Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gluten free sandwiches!


I recently stumbled upon a cafe in the Richmond neighborhood that serves gluten free sandwiches!  I've walked by this little cafe on Clement street a million times, always heading to Burma Super Star or one of the other Asian restaurants, never giving this place a second look.  But last week I had some time to kill and walked into Blue Danube Coffee House to get some tea.  As I walked in the door I noticed a sign that said, "gluten free sandwiches."  In disbelief I asked the waitress, "Do you really have gluten free bread?"  With a smile she said, "yes," so I ordered a bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato sandwich.  The bread was nicely grilled, and filled with fresh avocado and loads of bacon!  It also came with a fabulous mixed greens salad with a zesty Italian dressing.  I ate every last bite on my plate!  This place also has great teas, beer, and is open till 10pm.  If you're in the Richmond neighborhood in SF, check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment