Friday, June 28, 2013

Watermelon Juice!


I love watermelon with a passion - it is so sweet and refreshing, especially on a hot summer day!  Watermelon is not only delicious, but is also high in vitamin C.  I also love to drink watermelon juice, but it can be hard to find, so I finally tried making my own.  It is super easy if you have a blender!  Try it out and enjoy a refreshing glass of beautiful watermelon juice this summer:

Ingredients
  • One large watermelon 
  • 1 or so cups of coconut water (or regular water is fine too.)

Directions
  1. Carefully cut the watermelon into small cubes.  If there are seeds, try to pick them out! 
  2. Place watermelon cubes into blender (in batches depending on how big your  blender is).
  3. Add approx. a 1/2 cup of the coconut water (or regular H20) and blend until liquefied.
  4. Repeat until all watermelon cubes have been pureed.
  5. If you want a watermelon smoothie, just pour blended watermelon into a glass and enjoy.
  6. If you want pure watermelon juice, strain blended watermelon through a fine mesh sieve and then enjoy.
  7. I like to add some mint and enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I love juice. Juice is my favorite beverage. I like your recipe for watermelon. Do you know watermelon is very good cure for cancer??

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Cheers to our health!

    ReplyDelete