Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gluten Free English Muffins/Happy Father's Day


Food for Life makes some of the best gluten free products.  I love their brown rice tortillas, their gluten free breads, and now their gluten free english muffins!  I toasted those babies up and spread some blueberry jam (sugar free only fruit sweetened) on them and fried up some organic eggs for breakfast.  It reminded me of one of my favorite comfort foods from childhood: a toasted english muffin with margarine and orange marmalade.  I loved the contrast of the sweet and tangy marmalade with the soft and buttery english muffin.  I also remember as a kid, when I was sick my dad would toast pita bread and spread some soy cream cheese on it for me.  Sounds weird maybe to you, but it was exactly what I needed.  He always cooked the most perfect dishes for me.  Thanks, Dad!  Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment