Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chinese New Year Feast


Happy Lunar New Year! I grew up celebrating Chinese New Year with my family making egg rolls or going to our favorite dim sum place in Boston, China Pearl.  My dad still sends me red envelopes of money for prosperity.  2012 is the year of the water dragon, with elements of both fire and water, it is a year for innovative growth and change. Tomorrow marks the first day of the two week long festival. Traditionally on the eve of the new year a huge feast is cooked and enjoyed with family.  I gathered together a few previously posted Chinese recipes for you to make your own feast.  Serve these with a side of sauteed bok choy, steamed rice, and some BBQ duck from Chinatown!

 Pork Spring Rolls

 Steamed Fish with Black Beans

Almond Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment